Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 28-01-2010, 19:15   #81
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Think teoreticly about it:
Just for example: we have 8 groups of males. In 6 groups is about 20 males and we can be happy about it.These groups will survive to future. They are nice, health, "dry" types, wolfish heads, beautiful movement.... But in two groups of males is only a few males, not nice, a little heavy, maybe some HD problems. Can we let them dead without pups????
What do you mean?
We need large genopool, so we MUST use every male which we have..It can be, 5-10 years later we will need them urgently.
Is here somebody who think about genopool?
I think, reason is to use ALL males what we can use and try to "work" on better exterier of this group.
True is- Czech republic "keep" genopool for all World. It is, why we have in breeding ugly males too, not only "stars of shows"....
Yes, I see, nobody want use them, especially from other countries. Everybody travel only to winners...
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 19:20   #82
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial View Post
The thing is that this race is called WOLFdog, and as written in the standard it should look as much as possible to a WOLF.
I can not find this info in the standard, can you quote it please

Best regards / Mikael
Old 28-01-2010, 19:52   #83
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monika View Post
For Mikael...
Thanks, but it was not really me asking the question, it was Martiou.
And I do not think you did answer it, the question was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiou.
I saw this dog, and I always wonder how judges can give the excellent ones and titles to this type of dog, I am not expert...
Or is your answer that you did give this dog excellent because of that you can not tell the different if no one shows you the pedigree first ???

You seriously mean I and Martiou that is absolutely by far no experts on the breed, can se that something is not really as it suppose to be whit this dog !!! But you as a breed expert need to se the pedigree to know the dog is not excellent or even not a CsV
???

Sad regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 28-01-2010 at 19:55.
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 20:00   #84
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka
Can we let them dead without pups????
Of course not, but it also does not mean use these males with all females possibles, what we can see are people using heavy males with nice tendency for HD with heavy females in the same conditions, it will not improve the breed, its not selection as the problem will persist and people will also have some problems to find correct females for his offsprings.

but let me remind a small problem here, mostly of the dogs today are not wolfish, I mean, what we can often see are heavy dogs with hanging lips huge chest and horrible movement, as the selection is not made and some people only cares for the lowest COI possible, we will continue to have more degenerated dogs as the time pass.

Low COI, genetic variability is very important, but we may never forget about selection as well, its need work both things togeter.

And please, i'm not talking here about someone specific or trying to "attack" someones breeding way, but I really worrie about what I listened a lot in 2009, some breeders doing litters wich they tough are nice only because both dogs are A and the COI % were small.

Last edited by Nebulosa; 28-01-2010 at 20:03.
Nebulosa jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 16:13   #85
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Question

Hmmmmm... It looks like the easiest questions is the hardest to answer post # 82 and # 83...

And I wonder way...

Regards / Mikael
Old 31-01-2010, 22:53   #86
Sir Allen

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Allen Send a message via Yahoo to Sir Allen Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Allen

I am a beginner and I am learning thru the help of a very good CZ friend. Breeders should not allow the CZ Wolfdog to suffer the FATE of those breeds with working capabilities and protective instinct that are now all GONE due to PREFERENCES. Our beloved CZ wolfdogs are a true working breed very close to the wilds. Lets stay close to nature. Just my humble opinion.
Old 09-02-2010, 21:44   #87
Erwan Grey
Save the Wolf

Send a message via MSN to Erwan Grey

Really very interesant post !!!
Erwan Grey jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 16:16   #88
lupis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
True is- Czech republic "keep" genopool for all World. It is, why we have in breeding ugly males too, not only "stars of shows"....
But good genopool is not only different lines but good quality too. Maybe your club have many lines but i see only very few dogs which lokk very good and like wolfs. Breed start in your country but now i see maybe 2 or maybe 3 dogs with nice look in czech republic and it is much less that in other clubs. For me you say nice text but reality is not good.
lupis jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2010, 16:28   #89
lupis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
but let me remind a small problem here, mostly of the dogs today are not wolfish, I mean, what we can often see are heavy dogs with hanging lips huge chest and horrible movement, as the selection is not made and some people only cares for the lowest COI possible, we will continue to have more degenerated dogs as the time pass.
I read all topic and i think it will be with our breed like with others and there will be many different types of CLC. And in many breeds such exist and also here other people can breed with their preferences. If Hanka, Monika and czech club want breed heavy dogs they can make "czech line" of CLC and if solowolf like with lot of coat like american he can do "english line". And nobody must love czech line or english line.
Everybody can make his line with specific look and we - people who will buy a new CLC can choose. Till this topic I was interested in CLC but now i was informed that i like "jackals" because I like a lot Bux photos - for me he is best wolfdog i see on photos.
lupis jest offline   Reply With Quote