Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > _Administration

_Administration Questions connected with Wolfdog.org, database and other technical matters....

Old 22-10-2009, 17:41   #1
michaelundinaeichhorn

Default The *

What I would like to know is why some kennels, for example ours, have a * behind their name. I am thinking since quite a time about it. We are in the database two times one time the kennel belonges to my husband Michael, who owns all our dogs in database, the second time it is on my name. I don´t care that much that this is wrong, that we changed the ownership some years ago was due to tax-reasons and doesn´t really matter in real life, but I used the * to differ when I was looking up something. But now we both have a * and that made me thinking again: Why do some kennels have a * and some don´t??

Ina
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2009, 19:21   #2
FreierFranke

Hello Ina,

my breed haven´t any *. You have one *. When you get better in future, you have ** or *** , maybe in Gold!

Greetings
Markus

PS: I don´t know!
Old 23-10-2009, 10:46   #3
Julia

The breeders who are non-listed on the breeders list have a * behind their kennel name.

Last edited by Julia; 23-10-2009 at 10:49.
Old 23-10-2009, 11:06   #4
michaelundinaeichhorn

Hi Markus,

thank God that we've got at least one star...
( Franconia vs Palatinate 0:1 )

See you,
Michael
Old 23-10-2009, 12:17   #5
Angelika

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelundinaeichhorn View Post
Franconia vs Palatinate 0:1l
congrats
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 15:49   #6
koboldine

That sounds logical...but...well....who decides whether a breeder is worth one, two, three, or none asterix? I mean....that person should be quite wise to decide on such a variable topic, shoudn´t they?

By the way, I´d prefer bronze, silver, golden but one asterix only...the other sounds more like the ebay-system...

cu
k
Old 23-10-2009, 15:58   #7
koboldine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia View Post
The breeders who are non-listed on the breeders list have a * behind their kennel name.
Hey there...

this statement rises the question - in my opinion at least - why are some breeders listed and other non-listed?

Is it due to membership of a certain club, or due to membership of FCI, or ... why?
Does anyone know?

I´ve learned that wolfdog.org is a database for *all* wolfdogs breeded according to the standard The standard which is agreed to by FCI and which has been set up with the help and knowledge of Mr. Hartl. Am I right?
So...shall a reader conclude that the non-listed breeders do not comfirm the standard?

Gosh, that´s complicated, isn´t it.

Have a nice day
K

PS: If this post does not come up correctly, please forgive me, I try to figure out how to write a post as direct answer / question...Sorry in advance :-)
Old 23-10-2009, 18:49   #8
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboldine View Post
Hey there...

this statement rises the question - in my opinion at least - why are some breeders listed and other non-listed?

Is it due to membership of a certain club, or due to membership of FCI, or ... why?
Does anyone know?

I´ve learned that wolfdog.org is a database for *all*

Hello and welcome

All breeders can be listed on the breeders list as I understand, they just have to follow the roles set up by Wolfdog.org, but lately some breeders disappeared by mistake I think, and will probably be added again ?

The roles I can not find, but the admin or moderator will probably add them to this topic ??? pleeeease

Very best regards / Mikael
Old 23-10-2009, 19:34   #9
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

older * have kennels who have login problem in data basa. this is not - bad or first better kennel sign but data basa program problem.
I know this info about *.
Old 23-10-2009, 22:18   #10
koboldine

Hello Mikael, and thanks for the welcome!

Well, I didn´t intend to start a fire... As someone new to this place there are certain things not as clearly visible as a long time users might know/think. That´s why I ask.
So, please do not feel offended.

Mikael, do you think that here other rules apply than the standard? It would be nice to know which.
Talking about disapeared breeders - I think it is realy a lot of work to keep this site running, and sometimes the system is just too interlaced that you can figure out a problem within one or two sessions.

And wolfin just explained it in that way: that the asterix is only kind of system "indifference" - which surely is normal on such big database-sites, that no one can grand a perfect all day allways working system.
Thanks, wolfin.

Best regards
K
Old 24-10-2009, 08:18   #11
admin

* shows me by which kennel some information is missing in the database. If the system gives * to a the it dissappears from the kennel listing and I know I must ask the breeders for the missing information (or if he don't want to send it - to remove all his&her litters from the listing).

By some kennels there are still * even if their owners send me already the infos - but it will dissappear after the next update of the database when the information will be updated on the server.
admin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 08:35   #12
michaelundinaeichhorn

Then after I now got the message already as a PM from you and other peoples - thanks to everybody- and did send you the datas, that as I also wrote you couldn´t send you much earlier, everything is cleared and we can look forward to the next update.

And I would suggest a * behind wolfdog.org because it takes sometimes quite a time till every datas are published and I also would suggest to send at least the people that did send you all datas and a lot of informations in the past an email before you use the *. Because as we all know there is a life outside of wolfdog.org and things may take longer or get accidentially forgotten.

Ina
Old 24-10-2009, 15:13   #13
Mikael
Scandinavian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by koboldine View Post
Hello Mikael, and thanks for the welcome!

Well, I didn´t intend to start a fire... As someone new to this place there are certain things not as clearly visible as a long time users might know/think. That´s why I ask.
So, please do not feel offended.

Mikael, do you think that here other rules apply than the standard? It would be nice to know which.
Talking about disapeared breeders - I think it is realy a lot of work to keep this site running, and sometimes the system is just too interlaced that you can figure out a problem within one or two sessions.

Best regards
K

No I was not offended at all, I think it was a good question and I was just trying to help sorry for my stiff-legged English ???

I do not know all the rules for a breeder to be added on the breeders listing, there for I would like the admin to add them on the site or on this topic if possible

I know one must have HD result on the dogs that you are to breed on and have at least one fertile female, and be a listed FCI breeder or equivalent if your country is not FCI connected. And your not allowed to mixbreed whit nether dog or wolf... (or own a wolf ?)

But there is mooooooor rules that are not to easy to know or understand when or if they apply, like...

Can breeders that have the dog "Dark" in there pedigree still be on breeders listing and sell there puppies on the planed litters ???

Very best regards / Mikael

Last edited by Mikael; 24-10-2009 at 15:17. Reason: Text errors
Mikael jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 16:01   #14
Teshi
Mutti

I believe that there is a connection

http://www.wolfdog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10216

LG Franziska
Old 24-10-2009, 17:44   #15
michaelundinaeichhorn

The problem of this rule is that when the puppies get picked up they don´t have a registration number in Germany, they get the pedigree and everything with it when the last control of the litter has been made and certified. This happens with 8 weeks, what is the normal time to pick them up here. Then you send all certifications to the VDH and wait. And if the VDH makes a mistake in one pedigree you have to send them all back because all other puppies of the litter stand on the pedigree of every dog. When the person at the VDH is on holidays, the VDH has a big exhibition in Dortmund or anything else everything takes longer. If it is a mistake like that the VDH simply got some names wrong you have the other possibility to contact the owners and ask them if the new name would be alright for them, if they agree you don´t need to send everything back. If those owners are on holidays, too buisy to answer this also can take time if they don´t agree everything starts all over again, etc....

So it is not possible to send all datas with 8 weeks and it can take much longer till everything is ready. So you can send datas 2-3 times and always wait for an update or you can wait till everything is ready. Not to mention that sometimes some puppies stay longer and don´t have a new owner with 8 weeks. So it is not possible to fullfil this rule in Germany and every breeder will be removed sooner or later who is too buisy to send all datas in little pieces what will anyway cause more work for the person keeping the database.
It would be easier to make a simple request if the person who hasn´t send the datas is not willing to send them or simply is waiting for them.