Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law > Czechoslovakian Vlcak Club of UK

Old 28-09-2011, 20:00   #281
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Well, I have received a reply, a bit strange... According to KC, CSV wasn't registered with KC before. Or in 2002. Any way I will quote evertyhing

My email

And her reply:

Is someone not telling the truth?
now why wouldnt that surprise me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
that is the problem, if we can get a group together and forward the names of the dogs with pedigrees to he kennel club, and start to make noises so they know we are not going away they may possibly answer. I doubt it but we have to try, I just believe less people will mix if we are KC registered, as then potential new owners wont be looking at 98% csv 2% whatever, because they will want the KC reistration papers
i do not think it will stop them being mixed,i dont think it would stop them being bred without papers either,you only have to look at the wolf-alikes and the designer-breed stuff going on to see that.

but all the same wont stop us trying...eh?
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 00:35   #282
pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacs2legs View Post
now why wouldnt that surprise me

i do not think it will stop them being mixed,i dont think it would stop them being bred without papers either,you only have to look at the wolf-alikes and the designer-breed stuff going on to see that.

but all the same wont stop us trying...eh?
I agree about not stoping mixing, but the demand might fall when there are KC registered dogs and no it wont stop us, this march for recognition has started
pixie jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 00:49   #283
hedeon

Quote:
I agree about not stoping mixing, but the demand might fall when there are KC registered dogs and no it wont stop us, this march for recognition has started
Demand will fall also when we start to "advertise" European breeders, at least till normal breeding starts here.
hedeon jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 09:09   #284
happyfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Demand will fall also when we start to "advertise" European breeders, at least till normal breeding starts here.
Oh great so in 2 years we will have a massive influx of puppies hitting the
Market from novice breeders that have only owned this breed for
Short period, that may still not be KC registered.

All i can see here is disaster! Do you honestly believe that
All these puppies you breeders are selling to the UK in Jan
Wont be used as breeding stock? Rubbish each and everyone
Will I bet my life on it!
happyfeet jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 10:09   #285
Murph

Seems to be a lot of pessimism ....How many people in the UK have bought a dog from a European breeder, with the agreement they would not breed and then went ahead and bred anyway?

Last edited by Murph; 29-09-2011 at 10:43.
Murph jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 10:40   #286
Tassle

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfeet View Post

Do you not think what is happening now is a disaster for the breed? Why is it a good thing to allow the breeders currently here to have a monopoly on these dogs with crossbreeding chucked in as a nice sideline for them?

Do you think things should be left as they are?? Are you happy with the breed as it is in this country?

If not what would your solution be? People are at least trying here to head in the right direction, a bit of positive input might be nice?
Tassle jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 11:01   #287
pixie

Quote:

It is disaster now, at worst we will remain the same, but if we can get a big enough pool of purebreds then it might turn around if we dont try we will never know. we all know people will always crossbreed but so what we can ignore them and get our breed up and running, there are thousands of mongrels in every country in the world but also alot of people who cherish there particular breed get on the train as all help will ber needed
Old 29-09-2011, 13:42   #288
Tassle

How about starting off with a Code of ethics?

Listing what would be the criteria for membership? Or possibly different levels of membership?
Old 29-09-2011, 13:47   #289
pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
How about starting off with a Code of ethics?

Listing what would be the criteria for membership? Or possibly different levels of membership?
But who would do this and would we all agree thats why i think meeting up is the best thing to produce the code and membership levels i personally would be willing to ntravel anywhere and collect people where i could to get this srarted
Old 29-09-2011, 15:07   #290
happyfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Seems to be a lot of pessimism ....How many people in the UK have bought a dog from a European breeder, with the agreement they would not breed and then went ahead and bred anyway?

I bought outside the UK and never crossed my mind to breed my dog, I wanted a companion not a money making machine! I do believe I am 'rare'!
Old 29-09-2011, 15:12   #291
happyfeet

Quote:

Mine are from Europe and registered but I have not considered a breeding program ,so 'happyfeet' your not rare! theres a few of us out there who enjoy the dog not after a money making machine!
Old 29-09-2011, 15:40   #292
Murph

Like I said ...pessimism..
happyfeet..why do you believe you are rare?...who are these UK owners that are using CzW as a money making machine?!
Old 29-09-2011, 15:52   #293
pixie

Quote:
I bought outside the UK and never crossed my mind to breed my dog, I wanted a companion not a money making machine! I do believe I am 'rare'!
maybe not as rare as you think, there are dogs that go for a lot more if i wanted just to make money, i just love this breed
Old 29-09-2011, 15:58   #294
happyfeet

Quote:
Like I said ...pessimism..
happyfeet..why do you believe you are rare?...who are these UK owners that are using CzW as a money making machine?!

you only need to type into google and theres 5 well known breeders of CSW and also the majority of these dabble in mixing the wolfdog breed.
Just by looking on puppy sale sites there are a number of 'back yard breeders' who are selling CSW and mixed, who dont have big websites but use such sites.

Throughout this thread U.K. non owners and mixed bred dog owners are eager to bring in pups to then form a breeding pool, however it still concerns me the number who dislike these breeders, rant on about them but yet are happy to line their pockets and buy their dogs. Double standards ?

On here out of the posting members other than tupacs who bought her dog from one of the said breeders has a pure CSW that is not from a british breeder? and doesnt breed, I ask?

I can only find a few which makes me rare IMO
Old 29-09-2011, 16:47   #295
pixie

Quote:
you only need to type into google and theres 5 well known breeders of CSW and also the majority of these dabble in mixing the wolfdog breed.
Just by looking on puppy sale sites there are a number of 'back yard breeders' who are selling CSW and mixed, who dont have big websites but use such sites.

Throughout this thread U.K. non owners and mixed bred dog owners are eager to bring in pups to then form a breeding pool, however it still concerns me the number who dislike these breeders, rant on about them but yet are happy to line their pockets and buy their dogs. Double standards ?

On here out of the posting members other than tupacs who bought her dog from one of the said breeders has a pure CSW that is not from a british breeder? and doesnt breed, I ask?

I can only find a few which makes me rare IMO
I have a pure CSV but dont breed, Also I think people were importing to breed as the gene pool in britain was so small, in order to breed and make the gene pool bigger but yes some people mixed just to make money and IMO there was no other reason but now we are trying to do something about it,It would be great if you joined us as more knowledge from responsible owners like yourself would help, but if not we will still try
Old 29-09-2011, 16:48   #296
Tassle

Quote:
But who would do this and would we all agree thats why i think meeting up is the best thing to produce the code and membership levels i personally would be willing to ntravel anywhere and collect people where i could to get this srarted
I know travelling is a huge issue to many people which was why I thought the Yahoo group might be best - that way you can find out who is really serious.

Personally I could not travel at the moment, as I said I am willing to help, but i have a cross and it is unlikely I will ever own a CSV, that does not mean I wouldn't like to help in any way I can.
Old 29-09-2011, 16:52   #297
AMERICANI

Send a message via Yahoo to AMERICANI
Default £ € $ ₱

I am the 3rd breeder in America. I am a "Novice" because I have only had 1 litter - ever! However, what sets me apart from the likes of certain posters here is the fact that I abide by "ETHICS". Yes, people actually use them, especially those who genuinely care. I am not making money from my pups! I am still in debt from all of the health tests I have performed on my adults... I still have pups from March! I am not breeding again until I have them all in proper homes and also have proper homes reserving puppies from my next litter (after that, I will have to wait for my girl to go into heat again - NOT THE SAME BITCH!) I want to see the UK head in the proper direction. The government already has its eye on "Dangerous Animals", so wouldn't it make sense to not cross, but to focus on improving the "pure" dogs, at least in the beginning??

Last edited by AMERICANI; 29-09-2011 at 17:33. Reason: inappropriate comment..
AMERICANI jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2011, 17:02   #298
pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I know travelling is a huge issue to many people which was why I thought the Yahoo group might be best - that way you can find out who is really serious.

Personally I could not travel at the moment, as I said I am willing to help, but i have a cross and it is unlikely I will ever own a CSV, that does not mean I wouldn't like to help in any way I can.
And a very nice x it is, At the moment I think all help and support would be appreciated. My mothers cousin owned, shown and judged Boxers for 30 years now she has a little yorkie/jr cross but still judges boxers, because she knows about them, and not owning one dosent mean she still cant be involved, or that she has a little cross means she feels less about boxers or is going to breed boxers with her dog, its just her personal circumstance dictates what she can keep, but the boxer dog world still recognise her value to the breed, and this is what I believe about some not all of the mix owners and breeders in this country, so IMO you should be involved
Old 29-09-2011, 17:08   #299
Murph

There are not 5 well known breeders... There are plenty who are crossing crosses with crosses, in the same way there is even more people crossing 'inuits', GSD's, huskeys etc.
Old 29-09-2011, 17:09   #300
AMERICANI

Send a message via Yahoo to AMERICANI

Quote:
We have organized / are organizing ours in the USA via internet. I have not had to travel. Marcy travels, but she shows a lot too. I plan on traveling and showing in the future, but it is possible to minimize travel.

Last edited by AMERICANI; 29-09-2011 at 17:11.
AMERICANI jest offline   Reply With Quote