Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Clubs & law > Czechoslovakian Vlcak Club of UK

Old 01-09-2011, 12:09   #1
tupacs2legs
rookie

Send a message via ICQ to tupacs2legs
Default British Kennel Club Recognition

So now all I need to do is to find a breeder that trusts me not to cross a csv.....half way there to importing one
tupacs2legs jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 14:40   #2
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupacs2legs View Post
So now all I need to do is to find a breeder that trusts me not to cross a csv.....half way there to importing one
May be even that having ability to import one, people who really like CSV will have a choice, will not buy from dodgy breeders in UK, making their business less profitable, and eventually to stop it. All we have to do is to convince potential owners to rather get their dogs from trustworthy breeders from continent than from unsure in UK.
Well, I do not know situation here that well, but it makes sense to me.
hedeon jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 14:52   #3
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Just got a letter from UK - a man looking for a wolfdog female for his CzW-inuit cross Wants to "bring in a fresh line"
Maybe I just had to tell him to look for suitable dogs in France? He would find some friends among breeders there

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 14:56   #4
hedeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
Just got a letter from UK - a man looking for a wolfdog female for his CzW-inuit cross Wants to "bring in a fresh line"
hedeon jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 15:01   #5
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedeon View Post
Well, everything is ok - I think before selling puppies to "doubtful" countries, breeders should first consult some people we all know and trust here. Like in case of UK I would first maybe try to contact tupac2legs for example and ask if she knows anything about the concrete person This time the person was open about his plans, next time he might get smarter...

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 16:47   #6
Shadowlands

Good tip Vaiva Tupacs2legs is a good contact and will give honest opinions (I don't know her personally, but have read a lot of her postings here and elsewhere and she only speaks common sense and good practice)

It's a bit like contacting breeders in the other country, except that there aren't any trustworthy ones (that I know of) in the UK. I know of one 'breeder' who sells Pure F3 CsV's in the UK...

Last edited by Shadowlands; 02-09-2011 at 16:51.
Shadowlands jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 12:23   #7
orkwolf

Default 2 young brood Bitches wanted

Can anyone help?
I want to improve the lines of CsV in the UK, dogs with low hip score and free of DM, can anyone help? It seems like there is NO help or advice being given to people who want to breed pure CsV in the UK, just people complaining.
Yes I have bred pure CsV with 3/4 CsV bitches, when NO ONE will sell a pure bitch & no one is prepared to help then you make do with what is available. I can see how strongly the European CsV owners and club want to keep their breed pure and I want to also do the same, so I come to you for advice and help.
I want 2 pure breeding bitches 15 to 20 months old to breed with. I want low hip scores & DM free. CAN anyone or IS anyone prepared to help promote a new healthy pure line in the UK to a serious breeder who is determined to promote healthy dogs that are kept and bred in exceptional facilities in the UK? Many breeders lie & are stabbing each other in the back here instead of getting together to promote what is best & good for the CsV.
There are even certain breeders who are trying to lie about me to stop me getting bitches to breed with, I can only think this is out of jealously as I have never wronged anybody.
There are many unscrupulous breeders with dirty tactics. I have never and will NEVER lie about my dogs, their age, breed, health, pups or dates of birth, unlike so many!
I WILL breed pure CsV bitches and dogs, one way or another but I want to do it properly.
Please message me any advice or information, I am not too proud to listen and learn.
Thank You
orkwolf jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 12:50   #8
happyfeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkwolf View Post
Can anyone help?
I want to improve the lines of CsV in the UK, dogs with low hip score and free of DM, can anyone help? It seems like there is NO help or advice being given to people who want to breed pure CsV in the UK, just people complaining.
Yes I have bred pure CsV with 3/4 CsV bitches, when NO ONE will sell a pure bitch & no one is prepared to help then you make do with what is available. I can see how strongly the European CsV owners and club want to keep their breed pure and I want to also do the same, so I come to you for advice and help.
I want 2 pure breeding bitches 15 to 20 months old to breed with. I want low hip scores & DM free. CAN anyone or IS anyone prepared to help promote a new healthy pure line in the UK to a serious breeder who is determined to promote healthy dogs that are kept and bred in exceptional facilities in the UK? Many breeders lie & are stabbing each other in the back here instead of getting together to promote what is best & good for the CsV.
There are even certain breeders who are trying to lie about me to stop me getting bitches to breed with, I can only think this is out of jealously as I have never wronged anybody.
There are many unscrupulous breeders with dirty tactics. I have never and will NEVER lie about my dogs, their age, breed, health, pups or dates of birth, unlike so many!
I WILL breed pure CsV bitches and dogs, one way or another but I want to do it properly.
Please message me any advice or information, I am not too proud to listen and learn.
Thank You
Hi Paul, great to see you here!! I certainly hope someone will sell to you even if its pups in Jan looking at the long term plan!! Working together is the key!
I would buy from you if I was in the market.
happyfeet jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 13:18   #9
tupacs2legs
rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfeet View Post
Hi Paul, great to see you here!! I certainly hope someone will sell to you even if its pups in Jan looking at the long term plan!! Working together is the key!
I would buy from you if I was in the market.
i thought u had mentioned it would be 'too risky' for u to buy from a breeder that produces cross csv's
Old 21-09-2011, 13:30   #10
pixie

Quote:
i thought u had mentioned it would be 'too risky' for u to buy from a breeder that produces cross csv's
If anyone is interested in getting round that table and taking the breed forward in Britain, i suggest we meet up somewhere in Britain form an official British club and start to organise a stratedgy to get these dogs recognised. We could organise trips to the european events and try to get european CSV comunity to start to trust in Britain again, a long journey i know but it gets shorter once its started. Message me tell me where you would like to meet and lets get started.
pixie jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 13:36   #11
pixie

Oh and just because someone bred mixes in the past dosent mean they should be excluded, this is a new start, so lets all get together and fight for this breed in our country, if we do it before October ends that would be better. stop arguing with each other and get it going
Old 21-09-2011, 22:50   #12
Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
If anyone is interested in getting round that table and taking the breed forward in Britain, i suggest we meet up somewhere in Britain form an official British club and start to organise a stratedgy to get these dogs recognised. We could organise trips to the european events and try to get european CSV comunity to start to trust in Britain again, a long journey i know but it gets shorter once its started. Message me tell me where you would like to meet and lets get started.
I'm more than willing to help divise a strategy for the csv in the uk. After all, if I'm going to complain publicly as I do about what is wrong, than I should be prepared to put my money where my mouth is and help to make it right.

Taz
Tazer jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 13:57   #13
happyfeet

Quote:
I did and I also mentioned I am an owner of a FC1 older female who i brought with me to the UK who is spayed, and how I wasnt a breeder, didnt intend on buying a puppy and also thought that re-educating and improving standards were important!! I also agreed that perhaps not all 'breeders' are or have 'bad' intentions and perhaps if we trust in one that has experience of the breed and wants to work/ learn more link this with the members of this forum and breeders of europe then maybe things can change..no point presuming he not open and honest, by the fact that he posted on here asked to work together to improve the breeding in UK is in my own opinion a great step forward.

I am against mixing breeds but not against re eductation and doing the right thing for the breed! I prefer to encourage such a breeder to with support stop mix breeding and promote pure breeds in the uk !

Giving everyone an equal chance?

still having a dig are we..shame you really need to stop the back biting and focus back to promotion and education of breeders/owners! looking forward to hopefully KC registration of the breed
happyfeet jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 14:03   #14
pixie

I am against mixing breeds but not against re eductation and doing the right thing for the breed! I prefer to encourage such a breeder to with support stop mix breeding and promote pure breeds in the uk !

I agree please lets stop all this bickering and look at the bigger picture,
Old 21-09-2011, 14:04   #15
tupacs2legs
rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfeet View Post
I did and I also mentioned I am an owner of a FC1 older female who i brought with me to the UK who is spayed, and how I wasnt a breeder, didnt intend on buying a puppy and also thought that re-educating and improving standards were important!! I also agreed that perhaps not all 'breeders' are or have 'bad' intentions and perhaps if we trust in one that has experience of the breed and wants to work/ learn more link this with the members of this forum and breeders of europe then maybe things can change..no point presuming he not open and honest, by the fact that he posted on here asked to work together to improve the breeding in UK is in my own opinion a great step forward.

still having a dig are we..shame you really need to stop the back biting and focus back to promotion and education of breeders/owners! looking forward to hopefully KC registration of the breed
hmmm......im backbiting am i? i find your posts are inflammatory and contradict themselves......

you have done 'digging' on this thread.......
Old 21-09-2011, 13:03   #16
tupacs2legs
rookie

Quote:
Can anyone help?
Thank You
hi :-)

i do worry with regards to you wanting purebreed bitches.... as you yourself state you breed crosses because 'not everyone can handle a purebreed' that argument alone is not true...mixing with working breeds of dogs makes them no easier to handle.

also your stud/s are not fci registered or will u not be using them?

also....why not live with the breed before wanting to breed? i believe you have not owned your dogs for very long at all and seem to produce vast numbers of pups.

why do you now want to suddenly breed purebreeds?

eta...yes we got off on a very bad foot,but tbf you threw your toys out the pram about comments i didnt even write,then threw insults at me on a group on fb because i spoke out about crossbreeding....and now you have changed your mind about crossbreeding?.... what happened to 'change your mind'?
Old 21-09-2011, 14:15   #17
orkwolf

Quote:
hi :-)

i do worry with regards to you wanting purebreed bitches.... as you yourself state you breed crosses because 'not everyone can handle a purebreed' that argument alone is not true...mixing with working breeds of dogs makes them no easier to handle.

also your stud/s are not fci registered or will u not be using them?

also....why not live with the breed before wanting to breed? i believe you have not owned your dogs for very long at all and seem to produce vast numbers of pups.

why do you now want to suddenly breed purebreeds?

eta...yes we got off on a very bad foot,but tbf you threw your toys out the pram about comments i didnt even write,then threw insults at me on a group on fb because i spoke out about crossbreeding....and now you have changed your mind about crossbreeding?.... what happened to 'change your mind'?

INCORRECT, dont take this the wrong way but I took dislike to your stomping on people and your very strongly opinionated views.

Secondly ive lived with the CsV for 4 years before breeding, I only bred last year and started with another breeders bitches, quite a few of them! Its been a learning curve and IN HINDSIGHT I would have done things completely differently, naive??.

YES I want to go down the pure route and be recognised! BUT I want to go down this road with pure CsV with NO DM, with excellent hips and health testing, I want my own line NOT from UK breeders here.

I hope that answers your questions.
Old 21-09-2011, 14:12   #18
Shadowlands

Quote:
Hi Paul, what's the hurry? Why not get a female pup, nurture her and learn from her then breed when she has reached maturity? Then you can consider getting a second to do the same...
Also, wouldn't it be better to see who has interesting bloodlines compared to your males (who are non-FCI, I believe), rather than just going for any '2 pure breeding bitches 15 to 20 months old to breed with''. These are living beings, not machine parts .

Quote:
Thank You
I hope that came across worse than you intended - a wee bit of a threatening tone in there... I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out that your post comes over badly - or maybe that's just me?
Old 21-09-2011, 14:22   #19
orkwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlands View Post
Hi Paul, what's the hurry? Why not get a female pup, nurture her and learn from her then breed when she has reached maturity? Then you can consider getting a second to do the same...
Also, wouldn't it be better to see who has interesting bloodlines compared to your males (who are non-FCI, I believe), rather than just going for any '2 pure breeding bitches 15 to 20 months old to breed with''. These are living beings, not machine parts .

I hope that came across worse than you intended - a wee bit of a threatening tone in there... I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out that your post comes over badly - or maybe that's just me?

Good point, but with all the negative against cross breeding, I thought it would be a better way to start over and move on?
Sorry I wasnt being aggressive, I had heard that a certain person was going full steam ahead to make sure I never get a pure Bitch?? Mr Winder who ive never met or spoken to other than to send condolences when hie "Kizzy died"
That doesnt help the cause.
Old 21-09-2011, 14:28   #20
Shadowlands

Quote:
Good point, but with all the negative against cross breeding, I thought it would be a better way to start over and move on?
Sorry I wasnt being aggressive, I had heard that a certain person was going full steam ahead to make sure I never get a pure Bitch?? Mr Winder who ive never met or spoken to other than to send condolences when hie "Kizzy died"
That doesnt help the cause.
Are you saying that Mr. Winder is trying to put the kaibosh on your plans? What influence does he have? No one on here trusts him as far as they can throw him...