Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breed standard & bonitations

Breed standard & bonitations How typical CzW should look like, measurements and commentaries to the breed standard, information about bonitations and youth presentations....

Old 03-10-2007, 04:40   #1
GalomyOak
Howling Member

Send a message via Skype™ to GalomyOak
Default Question about "Type" (R)

Hello,

In reading the article that included the legend for the bonitation code, I have been unable to determine what the "R" category refers to. Maybe I'm just not looking in the correct place or forum discussion. Thank you!

Marcy
GalomyOak jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:37   #2
michaelundinaeichhorn

The R is used in Slovakian Bonitation and describes the whole impression of the dog.
Example for type R1 (dry):
http://dl.wolfdog.org/pics/dbase/Chester_Zlata_Palz.jpg
http://dl.wolfdog.org/pics/dbase/Arek_Maly_Bystrec.jpg

Example for type R2 (rough):
http://www.wolfdog.org/pics2/2007/8/...84-5695254.jpg
http://www.wolfdog.org/pics2/2007/8/...83-4065404.jpg

It is difficult to see it on photos, it is better to see the dogs in real and compare them directly.

The R1 type is the wished one. It schould have no loose skin, good muscular structure and a firm back and should have the typical wolfish light movements.

Last edited by michaelundinaeichhorn; 03-10-2007 at 09:23.
michaelundinaeichhorn jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:33   #3
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

The R1 type is called "firm", it is very similar to "dry" which was used before, I think, but it better reflects the need for good musculature and strong bones.

I think the R is used also in Czech bonitation, but mentioned in the code only if wrong (rough, lymphatic or fine).
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 19:40   #4
Hanka

Send a message via ICQ to Hanka Send a message via Skype™ to Hanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
The R1 type is called "firm", it is very similar to "dry" which was used before, I think, but it better reflects the need for good musculature and strong bones.

I think the R is used also in Czech bonitation, but mentioned in the code only if wrong (rough, lymphatic or fine).
Yes, we have the same in Czech republic.
Hanka jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33   #5
rocco
REJPAL

I don't agree that R1 is 100% correct and we want only this type. R1 is good of course but little bit different from standard - we want firm dog - it isn't R1 code. Firm dog- normal dog is without R code.
R1 code is dry dog not firm . But Slovak judges give R1 code automatticly but it's big mistake !!!!!!!

rocco jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 13:48   #6
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
R1 code is dry dog not firm . But Slovak judges give R1 code automatticly but it's big mistake !!!!!!!
If you read bonitation card, you see that R1 in slovak card is firm, not dry. Every dog of firm constitution is dry at the same time, because dry means not lymphatic, without excessive fat. In the standard dry mouth and limbs are specifically mentioned and head should be in my opinion mentioned also.

Wrong is a fine constitution, which is also dry. Wrong is also rough constitution, which is not dry, but not lymphatic yet. And of course wrong is also lymphatic constitution.
Old 05-10-2007, 14:19   #7
rocco
REJPAL

I don't agree with you. Read some "zootechnic" definition Maybe in Slovak is this definition deferent or bad translate. All dogs on Czech bonitation aren't R1 - but when judging slovak judge they are.... Realy funny for me. And now R1 dog (same judge) on show in Jevisovice has fault which REAL R1 dog will NEVER HAVE. Realy interesting .

Old 05-10-2007, 14:36   #8
saschia

Quote:
I don't agree with you. Read some "zootechnic" definition Maybe in Slovak is this definition deferent or bad translate. All dogs on Czech bonitation aren't R1 - but when judging slovak judge they are.... Realy funny for me. And now R1 dog (same judge) on show in Jevisovice has fault which REAL R1 dog will NEVER HAVE. Realy interesting .
Could it be that the slovak judges are used to slovak bonitation table, where R1 means firm (which is correct), so they do mention this code? Then the rest of bonitation commitee should make sure that the R1 mark is given according to table. To say truth, I don't remember if Sona Bognarova gave R1 automatically to good constitution dogs, when I was writing the results.

I don't know what you mean by fault which real R1 dog cannot have, you'll have to be specific.

As far as I know, there are four types of constitution in dogs - fine, firm, rough and lymphatic. Both fine and firm are dry meaning not having excessive fat. I think dry is used as synonym to firm, but in my opinion firm is a better word in wolfdog, as it specifies the need of good musculature and strong bones. If I am mistaken, than OK, but still I know for 99% sure that R1 in slovak bonitation table is "pevny" = firm.
Old 05-10-2007, 15:35   #9
rocco
REJPAL

Ok, now I agree with you . So, we disunderstand becouse in Czech card R1 mean dry (suchy) not firm (pevny) . It's new information for me and now I understand ....... But what kind of code you use in Slovak for dry dogs ? In Czech R1 is dry and no code mean firm.
OK , both firm and dry are excellent but not the same. And it's not so easy say this is dry and this is firm - you must have "an eay" on this. I can't explain it in english but now I know - for Slovak R1 mean firm - a little bit chaos. So, I think a lot of czech code mus be rewritte .

Old 05-10-2007, 15:55   #10
saschia

Quote:
But what kind of code you use in Slovak for dry dogs ?
I don't have a bonitation card with me so I don't know. But according to my previous text the dry is the same as firm, and faulty is either fine (jemny), or rough (hruby) or lymphatic (lymfaticky). And all three are in the card with appropriate numbers (I think fine and rough with odd and lympahtic even).

Or we misunderstand each other. What should be incorrect in dry (suchy) in your meaning?
Old 05-10-2007, 17:10   #11
Mirkawolf

Send a message via ICQ to Mirkawolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mirkawolf

Lol, why don´t you people just go and e-mail each other? I thought that Slovak and Czech people don´t have to communicate together in English on English forum
Old 05-10-2007, 17:14   #12
saschia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkawolf1 View Post
Lol, why don´t you people just go and e-mail each other? I thought that Slovak and Czech people don´t have to communicate together in English on English forum
You'd never believe what is possible these days... I even phoned with my friend in russian... just because we received a letter from our mutual russian friends...
Old 05-10-2007, 17:58   #13
rocco
REJPAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post

Or we misunderstand each other. What should be incorrect in dry (suchy) in your meaning?
In Czech - Slovak languages we understand each other better . But I try to explane it in english becouse a lot of people don!'t know this.

Czech card and czech judges:
  • R1 - dry type
  • R2 - rough type
  • R3 - fine type
  • R14 - lymphatic

without R in code = firm dog
Firm and dry - isn't the same. Dry type isn't bad - R1 ( I mean dry dogs) are excellent too. Dry type isn't fault.
R2 and R3 - (rough and fine types) - this is fault - this dog can be only good
R14 (lymphatic) - this is eliminating fault (but I never see realy lymphatic wolfdog) .

And now - when we this types "give to the line" - firm is standard for wolfdog.

fine type < dry type < firm type > rough type > lymphatic type

Shortly - dry type is a little bit fine then firm type. Dry dogs have thin skin, long legs, oval bones, dry muscular and are more nervous. (it¨s some definition).

Is really in slovak card R1 firm type ??????

If it is everything is OK, if not ......I don't wan't say that slovak judge don't know difference between dry and firm type.....

Some photos

Dry type male head

Firm type male head

Old 05-10-2007, 18:09   #14
canislupus

Send a message via ICQ to canislupus

Hello,
I have a slovakian bonitation card at home, and there ist written: R1= pevný, R2= hrubý, R3=jemný, R4= lymfatický
...like saschia wrote before...

Tanja
Old 05-10-2007, 18:51   #15
rocco
REJPAL

Thumbs up

Thank you Tanja !

So, different czech and slovak card is a problem.......For czech people, becouse when slovak judges are at czech bonitation - all dogs are R1 - but according to czech rules most of them aren't R1.

Stupid people in czech bonitation committee.....
This information is realy useful, becouse in czech must judge judgeing according the czech rules. And for breeding is information about type very useful....