Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Upbringing & character

Upbringing & character How to care for a puppy, how to socialize it, the most common problems with CzW, how to solve them....

Old 11-03-2005, 09:31   #1
lisica

Default how to train?

Hi again!
I have a question about one skill which I have problems to learn. My CW Capa (female) is growing and we finished puppy school already. She learnd very fast basic comands as sit, wait and sit, lie down, we are working very good on recall .... She is realy a bravehart dog. At 2 months she wasn t afraid of new year detonations at all, she has no fear of stangers and other dogs , she is energetic bomb..... But I just can t teach her not to jump (and bite a little - just for fun)on everyone. On my 3 kids, on my wife, on me when I come home, on strangers when we walk out.. She jumps because she is happy, not agressive at all. She plays with children all the time, giving them kisses, and so on. Now we allready started junior trainig school. I am practising clicker trainind a lot also, with quite sucess, just jumping and biting everybody and everything around is my problem. But dont think I dind work on it. She knows wery well when she bites if it hurts or not, she never bites so much that hurts somebody, she is ony chewing us all the time. (but we are not very happy being her Orbit chewing-gums) She is also not destroying things in the house. She destroys her toys only. I also compared her with other dogs in school. She learns faster, but she do not want to repeat a lot. She jumps on everybody much more than others. Some people said all I have to do is insist on not jumping and biting, and wait that she grows up? Is this really my only chance???

regards, Lisica
lisica jest offline   Reply With Quote