Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Breeding

Breeding Information about breeding, selection, litters....

Old 29-06-2011, 23:08   #201
wolfin

Send a message via ICQ to wolfin Send a message via Skype™ to wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Sure you re right, the only Way is a french kennel club action : but the CBEI get no power. So only the FCI can make the rules. A war between breeders is not a solution, there is already in France rivals clans, hate, these lovely things between human beings...

but french club thake a pedigree for this dogs- in this case they have a POWER make documents and register dogs, when this pedigree blank have this suspicious dogs. Why you say they not have a power. FCI regulamin say - "mas breed pure dogs" " FCI are organization in who are others countrys club. CBEI are in FCI? yes - in this case he mas make who say FCI- breed pure CSV. are this breeder in CBEI- yes. in this case all regulamin valid who say FCI.
first who mas work in this case and are CBEI, when his make a pedigree for this dog.
CBEI make "pure dogs" pedigree for this animals and CBEI can canceled this documents.

Last edited by wolfin; 29-06-2011 at 23:11.
wolfin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 23:18   #202
Jet

Hum... Martial, can you explain to Wolfin, and others, how it is working in France? I m sure Wolfin is wrong (only because you don't eat camembert every day like me *joking*) but I will not be able to explain it...
Old 29-06-2011, 23:21   #203
wolfin

Quote:
Hum... Martial, can you explain to Wolfin, and others, how it is working in France? I m sure Wolfin is wrong (only because you don't eat camembert every day like me *joking*) but I will not be able to explain it...
ok question - who make pedigree for puppy in FR? one simply question
say all documents making procedure when mate two dogs
1. are...
2. are...

p.s. who is first club in FR?

Last edited by wolfin; 29-06-2011 at 23:28.
wolfin jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 23:31   #204
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
Yes, please explain. The FCI page says:

"The Fédération Cynologique Internationale is the World Canine Organisation. It includes 86 members and contract partners (one member per country) that each issue their own pedigrees and train their own judges."

So if something is different in France, it would be good to understand.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2011, 23:36   #205
wolfin

ok I make smal mistake - if I good understand
CBEI are this same like CSV ( or CSV and others special breeds) club in LT or CZ or SK or ...
this club are in main club in FR - yes this same like we have too ( in ours LKD are 49 clubs (http://www.kinologija.lt/?page_id=1003&lan=eng))
BUT breed club can make all if WANT - make documents about suspicious animal and send this to main club and club work.
I think not in this are problem not in "CBEI not can" but "CBEI... ( say self who worts mas be)
Old 30-06-2011, 00:34   #206
martiou07

Send a message via MSN to martiou07 Send a message via Skype™ to martiou07

The SCC delivers our pedigree here, on the other hand to retain nevertheless that the club of race touches a part during each payment for the certificates of births (pedigree before confirmation).

with also knowknowing, the dog wolf is the race who makes live the CBEI (approximately 20 races), it is the race which has the largest livestock and the most birth recorded per year .....

Actions of the CBEI for moment, nothing, absolutely nothing.....
Now, I am agreement to say that we have problems in France with the CSW, I would like, like other people to make go up all that by voice official.
That this is litigious for us in France, that should be included/understood can be perceived like jealousy, competes with….

If we had written evidence, by test DNA, a petition,support of Slovakia, and other club.....

I am persuaded that the things would move. Me I have eyes, I see the problem, but for the authorities official we need concrete element!!!!

Last edited by martiou07; 30-06-2011 at 00:44.
martiou07 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 00:41   #207
wolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiou07 View Post
The SCC delivers our pedigree here, on the other hand to retain nevertheless that the club of race touches a part during each payment for the certificates of births (pedigree before confirmation).
Actions of the CBEI for moment, nothing, absolutely nothing.....
Now, I am agreement to say that we have problems in France with the CSW, I would like, like other people to make go up all that by voice official.
That this is litigious for us in France, that should be included/understood can be perceived like jealousy, competes with….
If we had written evidence, by test DNA, a petition…. I am persuaded that the things would move. Me I have eyes, I have see the problem, but for the authorities official we need concrete element!!!!
yes this same system like in LT - club are for breed but document make main club. but club have more powerful vote than the average person when are a conflict.

YES good ide make a petition
Old 30-06-2011, 08:15   #208
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
A lot of us, and me at all, falled in love with CSV because we were half-wolf lovers when we were young.
First - it is not for you personally. Just a reaction.
In fact it is really a problem - people who feel that "their soul is similar to wolf", or they are sure that wolves are "so loyal and loving", or they simply feel so "natural" and the "wolf" would complete this image. Fu. I want to vomit when I hear such talks. It is - first of all - a working breed, designed to - let's be open - attack people. It will never be a wolf, if somebody wants one, let him buy a laika - this will be a nice, rustic dog, you may grow long hair, beard, dress like warrior princess Xena and feel how wild you are... Sad thing that all these "wolf lovers" have no wild wolves in their countries, had only seen wolf in zoo or TV, have no idea what influence this wolf blood makes REALLY for a breed. Usually I guess they even do not go to "wild" nature at all - they are citizens, used to runing hot water, traveling by cars, weather conditioners and so on, they need COMFORT, so CsV is NOT a comfortable dog AT ALL (that is why I love them). And these people want "a wolf" to make some image. Feeeee.

Other thing is - I really openly hate people who do not respect the work of the generations before, in this case - breeding work. Somebody maybe risked their lives to save these dogs from utilization, worked, tried to do their best to create these amazing creatures, that most of us here love and enjoy every minute spent together. And now some idiots, having shit instead of their brains, destroy the hard work of other people by making mixes!!! And - sorry - the people who buy "purebred" dogs with no pedigrees or people, who buy "CsV" with "more wolf" - ar also... hm, I'll try to be polite... not so good and clever people

Rrrrrrrrrrr.

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 08:25   #209
Draco

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiva View Post
In fact it is really a problem - people who feel that "their soul is similar to wolf", or they are sure that wolves are "so loyal and loving", or they simply feel so "natural" and the "wolf" would complete this image. Fu. I want to vomit when I hear such talks. It is - first of all - a working breed, designed to - let's be open - attack people. It will never be a wolf, if somebody wants one, let him buy a laika - this will be a nice, rustic dog, you may grow long hair, beard, dress like warrior princess Xena and feel how wild you are... Sad thing that all these "wolf lovers" have no wild wolves in their countries, had only seen wolf in zoo or TV, have no idea what influence this wolf blood makes REALLY for a breed. Usually I guess they even do not go to "wild" nature at all - they are citizens, used to runing hot water, traveling by cars, weather conditioners and so on, they need COMFORT, so CsV is NOT a comfortable dog AT ALL (that is why I love them). And these people want "a wolf" to make some image. Feeeee.

Other thing is - I really openly hate people who do not respect the work of the generations before, in this case - breeding work. Somebody maybe risked their lives to save these dogs from utilization, worked, tried to do their best to create these amazing creatures, that most of us here love and enjoy every minute spent together. And now some idiots, having shit instead of their brains, destroy the hard work of other people by making mixes!!! And - sorry - the people who buy "purebred" dogs with no pedigrees or people, who buy "CsV" with "more wolf" - ar also... hm, I'll try to be polite... not so good and clever people

Rrrrrrrrrrr.

Very good statement from my point of view.
Draco jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 09:37   #210
Silvester

Originally Posted by Vaiva
"First - it is not for you personally. Just a reaction.
In fact it is really a problem - people who feel that "their soul is similar to wolf", or they are sure that wolves are "so loyal and loving", or they simply feel so "natural" and the "wolf" would complete this image. Fu. I want to vomit when I hear such talks. It is - first of all - a working breed, designed to - let's be open - attack people. It will never be a wolf, if somebody wants one, let him buy a laika - this will be a nice, rustic dog, you may grow long hair, beard, dress like warrior princess Xena and feel how wild you are... Sad thing that all these "wolf lovers" have no wild wolves in their countries, had only seen wolf in zoo or TV, have no idea what influence this wolf blood makes REALLY for a breed.

( This is very true !)
Usually I guess they even do not go to "wild" nature at all - they are citizens, used to runing hot water, traveling by cars, weather conditioners and so on, they need COMFORT, so CsV is NOT a comfortable dog AT ALL (that is why I love them). And these people want "a wolf" to make some image. Feeeee.

Rrrrrrrrrrr."

That`s the best posting what I saw here for a very long time !!

I agree not absolutely 100 % - but very close to this !

Best regards , Uli alias Silvester
Silvester jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 11:52   #211
wolfin

Quote:
Rrrrrrrrrrr.
like it
Old 30-06-2011, 20:08   #212
Jet

Vaiva, I just explained my old dreams, when i was teenager... Please don't vomit upon Children!

You know the first dog i loved 10 years old was a simple bastard???

When last year I wanted to turn these old dream to reality, I first met on owner, who is also a WD moderator. He showed me his two CSV... Then during a few weeks, i talked with owners and breeders, and i have finally acted my choice.

Just realise there is thousands CSV's owners who do not explain their quest here, and you will never able to change their dream.

And never forget the dog behind the paper, human people makes the pedigre paper, honest or no, Louve Blanche or Peronowki, anyway at all, there is still a part of nature in every dog.

And you know what. I think this red CSV, from MLS Kennel is really beautifull.

So... To Keep a race on the right way is one purpose, looking for a dog is really another one. Keep your thoughts, you can, as you cannot change that world. If you think I m mad, and as my Pup is descending from Galiba, I ll never give his bolloks still the crying's lines are not clear.

And at last, I ve the only CSV in the world with a broken Ear!!!! Na!!!!
Old 30-06-2011, 20:13   #213
yukidomari

Send a message via Skype™ to yukidomari

Quote:
And never forget the dog behind the paper, human people makes the pedigre paper, honest or no, Louve Blanche or Peronowki, anyway at all, there is still a part of nature in every dog.

And you know what. I think this red CSV, from MLS Kennel is really beautifull.
I think the red mix is beautiful too..

I think all dogs are in their own way beautiful. And I never saw on here people who have problems with the mutts themselves,.. but, that's a different thing than the art of purebred dogs..

PS. I think your dog's broken ear is very dashing.

Last edited by yukidomari; 30-06-2011 at 20:22.
yukidomari jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 20:18   #214
Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukidomari View Post
I think the red mix is beautiful too..

I think all dogs are in their own way beautiful. And I never saw on here people who have problems with the mutts themselves,.. but, that's a different thing than the art of purebred dogs..
You re right! I agree. May be two road : the simple owner one, and the breeder one. The last problem about this is that owners give cash to breeders...

Hoping you will try to help Lorry, every one.
Old 30-06-2011, 20:19   #215
Priska182
Canadian Member

Quote:

Rrrrrrrrrrr.
Thank you Vaiva! You're totally right, even if I need to admit that myself the first reason I'm was looking for a CsV was because he looks like a wolf...(I was 15 years old ) Now I steal love this part of the CsV but I especially love this breed for what it is really: character, dexterity, intelligence, loyalty... It's the best dog I ever have, and I can't imagine my life without it. I'm not anymore a wolf lover... I'm a CsV lover and I have a lot of respect for the work behind this breed! I'm so angry to see such thing happen with some breeders and I’m angry too against who support them and don't seem to understand the gravity of such thing...

Last edited by Priska182; 30-06-2011 at 20:48.
Priska182 jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:20   #216
Jennin Lauma

There seems to be lots of CsV (& SWH) breeders (and buyers) who only care about the wolfy looks; -the wolfier the better, they seem to think, and by any means necessary.
Some of them know wolves, and they know what it is like to live with a wolf/very wolfy wolfdog. But most of them have NO idea, they only have romanticized dreams and lots of falce information.

Falcifying pedigrees in a breed like this is especially dangerous. There are so many possible bad effects on it, starting from the fact that nobody nolonger has any control over the hereditary traits, -most importantly the health & character. -If you do not know who you are truly breeding with, you cannot breed. You only make puppies. You don't know what to expect from the offspring, and everyone can start wiping their ass with the pedigree papers.
But when it comes to breeds like the CsV & SWH that unfortunately are allready banned in some countries together with all wolf x dog crosses in general, it is very, very risky to mix them with hybrids (theoretically incorrect term but I use it here just for clarification); if the public & authorities loose their trust to these breeds' pedigrees and breeding purposes, it will cause trouble. In the best scenario it would only lead into compulsory DNA testing before registration, but in worst case it could lead into more banns.
And if this monkey business with falcifyed pedigrees goes on for too long, there is a risk that these genetically allready small breed populations will get too badly polluted to survive anymore.

There is one thing though that I disagree with Vaiva.
Quote:
It is - first of all - a working breed, designed to - let's be open - attack people.
First I must note that I am well aware of the origins / histroy of this breed and it's original purpose. But I know wolves and I know dogs, and I know WORKING dogs especially well. And I think nowadays it is (and should be allready) generally admitted that if you want to have better working dogs, you don't mix wolf into the breeding stock. And IF you do, you need very carefull selection and many generations away from the wolf, to get to a point where you have somewhat homogeneous population of potential dogs (and you most certainly will not have high interest in other things such as keeping the wolfy looks). It (crossing wolf into dogs) is not worth the efforts today, if you only have the working abilities in your mind. The dog population in the world is big enough to scoop from, if there is a need to cross breed for better health or wider gene pool for example. For better working abilities you mix ideal DOGS with suitable traits, and you reach your goal alot faster and easier, and you may even truly create better working dogs compared to what there allready is.
When viewing from the working perspective, there is nothing so unique in the wolf that we would need to try to get into dogs to improve their working abilities, and/or what we would not be able to get by mix breeding different dogs. It is vice versa: -wolves do not make good workers for human purposes; for every advantageous trait along comes atleast as many unadvantageous ones that have -for a reason- been selected against in the domestication process of dogs. All the desired traits we see in working canines these days are originally wolf behaviour allright, but strongly modified by human breeding selection, and at this point allready far away from wolf.

So who are we kidding here? If the authorities need top working dogs, they don't buy wolfdogs and though they may have done experiments in the past and crossbred wolves to dogs, the fact is that they lost their interest because they failed for the reasons mentioned above. And if top competitiors search for a new dog to compete with (in any dog sports from schutzhund to agility, sledding or hunting), they don't buy wolfdogs because there are other breeds much more suitable for these sports and much more likely to succeed in their task.
So who we have left? -The people who like to attend dog sports but looks for special challenge? Yeah, maybe some wd buyers are this type. How many in reality?
And the rest? -I'd dare to say that more than 90% of the wd buyers look for nothing more than active companion dog, -and yes, honestly said: a dog with exceptionally wolfy looks compared to any other breed.
In such hands a hard core working dog with high drives is a fiasco; a scandal; an accident awaiting to happen.

So, may I ask a few questions:
For who are these dogs truly bred for these days (now that they are nolonger a military experiment)?
Do we need just another German / Belgian Shepherd? -Is it even a realistic goal?
What are the characteristics the average buyers are hoping for their CsV?
If we think about the best intrests of these dogs, wouldn't it be to breed dogs that fill these hopes; that are most suitable for the main target group ~ (= an avarage buyer)?

Please, be not mistaken;
I am definately NOT saying that because of the romanticized dreams of uneducated wolf -lovers who want to have a pet wolf, we should try to modify the CsV into a Golden Retriever in wolf's clothing. No, no, no!
It is what it is and besides, there is no such thing as a 'wolfdog for the average Joe'. ~Wolfdogs, -whether FCI breeds or hybrids-, are high maintenance canine companions with special needs for their owners. They are active and higly intelligent animals, who should never be taken for purely decorative purposes. They need lots of excercise, socialization and special training, and all that plays a huge role in building a tight bond and good relationship between a wd and it's owner.

But, as it is highly dubious to breed CsV into 'decorative sofa-wolves', is it any more reasonalbe to breed for 'military wolves'?

Last edited by Jennin Lauma; 01-07-2011 at 05:30.
Jennin Lauma jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:49   #217
Silvester

Hey Jenni - you have topped even Vaiva´s posting with yours !!

Especially these parts are very true and important for my opinion:

Originally posted by Jennin Lauma :
"Falcifying pedigrees in a breed like this is especially dangerous. There are so many possible bad effects on it, starting from the fact that nobody nolonger has any control over the hereditary traits, -most importantly the health & character. -If you do not know who you are truly breeding with, you cannot breed. You only make puppies. You don't know what to expect from the offspring, and everyone can start wiping their ass with the pedigree papers."

Exactly ! That´s also the problem with the "breeding" of American wolfdogs - for they are not really breeded but only produced.

Originally posted by Jennin Lauma :
"It (crossing wolf into dogs) is not worth the efforts today, if you only have the working abilities in your mind. The dog population in the world is big enough to scoop from, if there is a need to cross breed for better health or wider gene pool for example."

and

"All the desired traits we see in working canines these days are originally wolf behaviour allright, but strongly modified by human breeding selection, and at this point allready far away from wolf."

Yeah - this is what all real experts say too !

Ok, also to the other parts of this posting I agree completely - this time really 100 % indeed... And I could´nt have told it in better words!

So Jenni - If you congratulated me for the show- result of my dog ....

I much more want to congratulate you here for this posting !

Best regards , Uli alias Silvester
Silvester jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:36   #218
Vaiva
ir Brukne

Send a message via Skype™ to Vaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennin Lauma View Post
First I must note that I am well aware of the origins / histroy of this breed and it's original purpose. But I know wolves and I know dogs, and I know WORKING dogs especially well. And I think nowadays it is (and should be allready) generally admitted that if you want to have better working dogs, you don't mix wolf into the breeding stock. And IF you do, you need very carefull selection and many generations away from the wolf, to get to a point where you have somewhat homogeneous population of potential dogs (and you most certainly will not have high interest in other things such as keeping the wolfy looks). It (crossing wolf into dogs) is not worth the efforts today, if you only have the working abilities in your mind. The dog population in the world is big enough to scoop from, if there is a need to cross breed for better health or wider gene pool for example. For better working abilities you mix ideal DOGS with suitable traits, and you reach your goal alot faster and easier, and you may even truly create better working dogs compared to what there allready is.
Sorry, must be language barrier Yes, we are all here totally aware, that there are much better breeds for IPO, Mondioring or whatever than a wolfdog. What I ment was - wolfdogs are not decorative breeds, it will not be just a nice "wolf" making your garden look better. It has special needs in training, socialisation, everyday work. Yes, they can be agressive, they can be shy, they also know how to bite. We have to remember, that they were really bred (roughly) to attack people, not to hunt, not to bark, not to entertain, not to pull sleds. This requires special knowledge, work and so on, so it is not really a dog who will be "wolfish" in a way many people dream they would be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennin Lauma View Post
So, may I ask a few questions:
For who are these dogs truly bred for these days (now that they are nolonger a military experiment)?
Do we need just another German / Belgian Shepherd? -Is it even a realistic goal?
What are the characteristics the average buyers are hoping for their CsV?
If we think about the best intrests of these dogs, wouldn't it be to breed dogs that fill these hopes; that are most suitable for the main target group ~ (= an avarage buyer)?
Throw stones to me, but to be sure I am allways a little bit surprised in so many people with various breeds, teaching their dogs really a police/military work. I am a journalist and I live in a crowded area in a city, why the hell would I need a dog who barks and attacks? I need a universal dog, having good reaction in various unexpected situations, totally brave, nice with children and people, but big and strong enought to make me feel safe late at night, also a dog, who really feels the people, their moods and intends - what a wolfdogs is a master of. Predictable, feeling me well (I mean the dog has also to be able to predict his owner), loyal, no need to dress, wash, comb, no smell - perfect for a small apartment. Doesn't care about the weather - so important when you have summers at +30 degreres, long rainy autumns and winters at -20...

In fact I myself am still in love with the primitives - shikokus, malamuts, huskies, but I chose wolfdog just because they are working breed, in this case more oriented to people, more obedient, easier to train.

The breeding goal should be to keep the wolfdogs the way they are - not turning into GSD, neither shy and scared. As healthy as possible. But this is just my personal amateur position.

Vaiva jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:45   #219
*Satu

Send a message via MSN to *Satu

Some people here who writes have a back yard full of hybrids and their dogs in the background are not fully known. On the Internet is easy to shout and make very knowledgeable.

Who will buy a dog breeder who speaks next, "" these races are not diseases, "" they are closer to wolves than other breeds, "the educator says that the wolf a dog can be trained," etc.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:09   #220
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
I chose wolfdog just because they are working breed, in this case more oriented to people, more obedient, easier to train.

The breeding goal should be to keep the wolfdogs the way they are - not turning into GSD, neither shy and scared. As healthy as possible.
I'd just add, that expressions "working" and "training" are very misleading. To some people they mean just training the dogs for official exams (IPO), to others - the dog being able to cooperate with the human in all sorts of activities, sometimes quite unconventional, like historical reconstructions, genuine man trailing, assisting in expeditions, guarding a site, etc. etc.

If we take the 1st meaning - I agree there are more suitable breeds, if the other - vlcaks due to their empathy, may be competitive to other breeds. Given the chance to learn how, vlcaks work by cooperating with humans, not necessarily by blindly obeying them.

Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote