Go Back   Wolfdog.org forum > English > Health and nutrition

Health and nutrition How to feed a Wolfdog, information about dog food, how to vaccinate and what to do if the dog gets ill....

Old 04-02-2009, 21:40   #21
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Jezebeth don't like fruits, but as educate girl she acept it when we gave her a piece, so she hide the piece we gave quickly and comes as who say "did you see? I eat it!", i can say that in truth she likes animal protein and italian food, cheese, milk, cheese, meat, cheese, pasta, cheese, pizza, cheese... I already said cheese?
But something I cant cope is with the face she do when we try gave her something new or what she don't like, is a face that can be translated as "completly disgusting" so, she takes it with the point of the incisive, and let it fall in the floor, when get away of it.

Well, belinha (my undeath beagle) loves citric fruits, she is miraculously with 6 years old and eating citric fruits all winter, we only take care for took out the seed.
Old 04-02-2009, 21:45   #22
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miihar View Post
Alaska seems also well and fit despite eating some tangerins / mandarins every now and then . Please check my post above...
I saw it but was just wondering if this wasn't harmful, like grapes

Quote:
Jezebeth don't like fruits,
I remember Jezzi begging for apples in my kitchen..., but probably it was when she was competing for them with Juvart and Alistair...

Last edited by Rona; 04-02-2009 at 23:42. Reason: addition
Rona jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 00:11   #23
Angelika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulosa View Post
she likes animal protein and italian food, cheese, milk, cheese, meat, cheese, pasta, cheese, pizza, cheese... I already said cheese?
Danja too . Fajdal is a bit more choosy, he likes cheese from Switzerland and cream

But - to save the honour of my dogs - sometimes they eat dried cranberries with cinnamon.
Angelika jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 00:33   #24
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
Danja too . Fajdal is a bit more choosy, he likes cheese from Switzerland and cream
Lorka loves "bundz" - the sheep cheese from the Tatras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika View Post
But - to save the honour of my dogs - sometimes they eat dried cranberries with cinnamon.
Try vanillia for a change Mine grabbed a pickled mushroom this afternoon and devoured it! Aren't they funny?

Old 05-02-2009, 01:23   #25
Nebulosa

Send a message via ICQ to Nebulosa Send a message via MSN to Nebulosa Send a message via Skype™ to Nebulosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona View Post
I remember Jezzi begging for apples in my kitchen..., but probably it was when she was competing for them with Juvart and Alistair...
After you said it I even try again with the aples, but, the same thing happen, she took it and put on the floor as who say "ok, and now give me the cheese!".
Who end for eat it was Oskar and Belinha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelika
Fajdal is a bit more choosy, he likes cheese from Switzerland and cream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rona
Lorka loves "bundz" - the sheep cheese from the Tatras
Jezi only don't like the white one.
When I appear with the blue one its like if the tongue takes the control of the dog, I never saw something so quickly and agile, a little lost of attention and bye, the cheese and the dog disappear.
Old 05-02-2009, 13:41   #26
Puma
Ottokar lovers

It's funny reading all the post about CsW. It's true like, Ottokar he'll take the food first and left it on the floor if he don't like it and look at me blankly.
Puma jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 14:00   #27
saschia

Send a message via Skype™ to saschia

OK, we moved to cheese from the fruits so I am going to go still further. How is it with your wolfdogs and fish?

Kei loved all fish. As a small puppy, when she saw I am bringing her a half-head from a carp, she ran to her feeding place and sat there in attention (for normal food she was not so nice).

Frei loves salmon (she gets the spine when I make filets from it, the head I use for soup), but she really hates carp. This Christmas, she tried to taste it - she sniffed from afar, then she made face "I will try to catch it with my teeth without touching by anything else", but then she said "no, the smell is too bad even if I don't touch it at all". The cats were very glad - they ate all the insides from our Christmas carp and asked for another one, preferably whole.
saschia jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 17:03   #28
Rona
Distinguished Member

Lorelei must have read this thread yesterday and decided to win the contest for the most veg CSV eater! This morning I found remains of her night snack - the mooli radish... I only wonder what Lorka's stomach feels like now...

Last edited by Rona; 05-02-2009 at 19:10.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:41   #29
Puma
Ottokar lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
OK, we moved to cheese from the fruits so I am going to go still further. How is it with your wolfdogs and fish?

Kei loved all fish. As a small puppy, when she saw I am bringing her a half-head from a carp, she ran to her feeding place and sat there in attention (for normal food she was not so nice).

Frei loves salmon (she gets the spine when I make filets from it, the head I use for soup), but she really hates carp. This Christmas, she tried to taste it - she sniffed from afar, then she made face "I will try to catch it with my teeth without touching by anything else", but then she said "no, the smell is too bad even if I don't touch it at all". The cats were very glad - they ate all the insides from our Christmas carp and asked for another one, preferably whole.
So far Ottokar likes cooked whiting fish and cooked prawns. So does our cat .
Puma jest offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 15:32   #30
Rona
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saschia View Post
Tina loved all fish and seafood, Lorka seems to like it too.

Quote:
After you said it I even try again with the aples, but, the same thing happen, she took it and put on the floor as who say "ok, and now give me the cheese!".
It means that either apples in Poland are better than in Brazil or Brazilian cheese is better than Polish appples

Old 02-07-2010, 07:04   #31
soniakanavle

Send a message via AIM to soniakanavle

Flint LOVES his fruits and veggies!! His favorite is baby carrots (perfect training treat!) and tomatoes! He will steal tomatoes right off my counter! (Naughty boy!) I'm a vegetarian, and he will eat anything I give him. Apples, bananas, peas, corn, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, pickles!!!, olives, cranberries, blackberries, strawberries, watermelons, radishes, beets etc. Funny sidenote, he also loves tofu!!! And all the 'fake meats.' Funny that all our Wolfdogs seem to love veggies, seems a lot of other breed are far more picky. :P
soniakanavle jest offline   Reply With Quote